Driving a Van Abroad
When you hire with 7 Ways Rental you get the added benefit of being able to take your vehicle abroad, something which other companies don’t always offer.
If you’re planning on hiring a van to drive abroad this bank holiday then it pays to be prepared.
Driving a van isn’t something that should be approached lightly and driving one abroad can be even trickier.
Before you set off, make sure you read our guide to driving a van abroad…
- Driving on the right – Most European countries drive on the right hand side of the road, which can be quite daunting if you have never driven abroad before. Driving on auto-pilot is easy to do but can be risky so make sure you focus and remind yourself what side of the road you should be using before you set off. Take particular care when pulling out of car parks and approaching roundabouts.
- Visibility – Visibility can bean issue when driving a van anywhere. A higher driving position can alter your blind spot so make sure you stay alert for cyclists, motorcyclists and passing vehicles overtaking you. Also bear in mind that they’ll be passing on the other side.
- Speed limit – Van speed limits vary from country to country. It’s worth checking individual limits for each destination to ensure you don’t find yourself faced with a hefty on-the-spot fine.
- Documents – It’s essential you carry the relevant documents while driving a van abroad. Before setting off check you have a valid license, vehicle registration document and the VE 103 'Vehicle On Hire' certificate. This proves that you have permission to drive the vehicle outside the UK.
- Direction – It’s easy to get yourself lost when driving in a different country. At 7 Ways Rental you can hire a Satnav from just £1 a day to help you negotiate unfamiliar roads with ease.
Whether it’s a relocation, bank holiday trip away or a European business contract, we can provide you with the perfect van to suit your needs. At 7 Ways Rental, our fleet is made up of market leading, dependable vehicles providing you with the safest and most comfortable drive possible.
We offer some great optional extras, which you can add on to your rental to ensure you drive safely and legally abroad. Get in touch for more information.